Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Cooking Fail.

The Mission: Eggs Benedict.


Oh my gosh, so many things went wrong with this one.



I followed the recipe on the Pioneer Woman Cooks and it looked easy. But it's REALLY hard for a beginner, especially by herself! You have to bake the muffins and ham, while poaching the eggs, while simmering the butter for the hollondaise sauce, UGH, don't get me started on the hollondaise sauce.



I burned the muffins and ham because I was focusing on the eggs, put too much lemon juice in the sauce, and salted butter, unfortunately, would have faired well, as I needed to add salt, and added too much salt, at that.



*avert your eyes if you don't want to look at this proposterous thing.*


I don't think my mom was too happy when I told her she had to eat it.

Oh well. I should try something easier next time. Like a sheet cake.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know what you're talking about. That meatloaf turned out great.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for checking out my blog! Leave a comment below and we can be best friends :)