Tuesday, December 28, 2010

To Soyoung, 2011-2012 (A Challenge for YOU!)

I hope you all had the most wonderful holidays, I certainly did. More pictures to follow in a different post :)

But right now I'd like to introduce a little tradition I've created and have you guys join in too!

So since 2008, I have written myself a letter TO THE FUTURE!! (ooooohhh aaaaaahhh) Basically, I address it to myself a year from now. I review the year and give myself advice and whatever else... 

THE CHALLENGE TO YOU: Do eeeet! It'd be great if you mentioned who you got it from, but no worries :) It's all to help YOU out! Set goals, tell yourself what you learned about you or others, or life in general. You don't have to make it public, just do what feels right.

Picture via Inifinite Photography


My letter from last year is right after the jump, if you need something to help you get started!


It's almost 2010!
It's scary how fast time whizzes by. A decade. A decade ago, you were freaking six years old, 1999! Just let that sink in for a minute.
You have a lot of things going for you. School is crazy right about now.
But let's please not forget who we are. The worst hasn't happened yet.
There's a lot that I don't know. But remember, through absolutely everything, be happy, and don't let the anger get the best of you.
Treat others like they were better than yourself.
Stay creative.
Be determined.
Don't be scared to ask questions.

Don't get so dang sensitive. Seriously. I have to learn to suck it up. SEE-REE-USS-LEE.
And if everything else fails. Watch that cute little Japanese kid playing I'm Yours on the uke. It will work. ( Search I'm Yours(Ukulele) In case you forget).
Keep reading SuperForest, too. It will help you stay focused!

Care for others, community service never hurt nobody.

----

Music: Still mellow. Jason Mraz. Justin Nozuka's album is coming out 2010!
Crushes: Still waiting for college. And I'm serious this time.
Designing: Working with Ms. Subay. Etsy's alright, getting there.
Family: Beautiful.
Books: Meditation, Buddhism, Taoism, Inspirational.

-SOY

1 comment:

Thanks for checking out my blog! Leave a comment below and we can be best friends :)