Sunday, December 12, 2010

Uncomfortable Warm Coat & Mismatching Outfit... Anything Goes!

Ever feel like you were born in the wrong decade? I hear that question get asked a lot, and I know it gets a lot of answers along the lines of "OHMYLANTA CHYES."
I FINALLY got Anything Goes from Netflix which I've been waiting on for years to watch and I loved every second of it. I mean, Bing Crosby, Donald O'Connor, and Mitzi Gaynor!! So much talent in one movie. I must say that Mitzi was my favorite- she is an amazing dancer and it's hypnotizing to watch her:

I have always been obsessed with the 1950s, my favorite era fashion wise, and social wise, and... everythingelse wise. So I did my hair all fancy like and put some red lipstick on. :) Is it masochistic of me when I say I WANT to get back to the days where hair takes at least an hour to do every day, wear high heels in the house, and bustiers/corsets to get that narrow waist? Don't answer that.


Outfit Details:
People's Liberation Top: Charlotte Russe (Clearance)
High Waist Tulip Skirt: Marshall's
Heels: Beall's
Cynthia Rowley Coat: Hand-me-down from Auntie :)

Rant about the expensive coat after the jump!


I don't own a lot of designer things- the ones that I have were given to me by family members. I can only think of a vintage D&G bag that was given to me by my mom, and this Cynthia Rowley coat given to me by my aunt in Korea. It's nice having rich uncles and aunts, let me tell you. :)

I kid, I kid. I like the life I have, I was never interested in getting super expensive stuff, it's the search that makes me love shopping. (Which is why I love thrift stores so much!)

Oh, and I'm wearing this coat in 80 degree weather because I'm going to be wearing it a lot in Washington, I never get to wear it here! Harrumph. So yeah, that was my eventful day.

-SOY

1 comment:

  1. Best movie ever! And, um, that coat, ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥.


    ♥ Olivia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for checking out my blog! Leave a comment below and we can be best friends :)