Friday, December 3, 2010

John Galliano Spring 2011

I was perusing through Vogue and their new reviews for the Paris 2011 Spring Fashion Week and trust me, there are plenty more of these posts coming- there were so many things that caught my eye, but the show that won me over was John Galliano's.

As I clicked through all of the pictures, the first thing I could really notice was the undeniable 1920s reference. Very Old-World Glamour with silk coats, muted colors, intricate beadwork and even a hint of Oriental influence. I really loved the seafoam color of the tights and sash too!



 

 The makeup, especially, looked like Daisy Buchanan's from the 1974 version of The Great Gatsby. (Mia Farrow)


 
Pictures: RealBollywood & Vogue

Oh, how I adore The Great Gatsby. I could barely sit through the book, but the movie definitely made it worthwhile. I love the lifestyles that the story portrayed- it was so gritty and honest, and the characters were really well-defined for me. (And Hell-OOO Robert Redford :] )

-----

The author of the book, Scott F. Fitzgerald, definitely lived a party-around-the-clock life. His work, however, made him the the most compelling writer of the Jazz Age. His stories usually centered around the joys of youth that eventually turned to despair in the coming of age. I don't necessarily agree, but he is certainly one of my favorite authors.

"I like people and I like them to like me, but I wear my heart where God put it, on the inside."

-SOY

1 comment:

  1. Ray Ban サングラスは世界中一番有名なサングラス ブランドです。このブランドのサングラスは世界各地に愛用者がいるといいます。そして、レイバン アビエイターと関わる話題もよく伝われています。パイロットのために造られたこと,自由と個性を主張して、ロックバンドのメンバーのよく使われることなどいろいろあります。特にあのレイバン RB3025はとても印象的です。

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for checking out my blog! Leave a comment below and we can be best friends :)