Tuesday, November 8, 2011

be a light.

I started something new today. I've had this bracelet lying around for a while now and I've been wanting to wear it so I decided to try something different. 


You can't see it that well in the picture, unfortunately! Ya like my Mickey Mouse watch?! 


Aaaanyway. I actually got the idea from a Youtube video by Alex Day, or nerimon, his screenname. You wear the bracelet and whenever you have a negative thought, you take off the bracelet and put it on the other arm. The goal is to count however many days the bracelet can stay on one wrist and change your way of thinking and break the routine of negativity. It doesn't have to be about yourself. I made it so that any kind of negative or mean thought I have about anything I have to switch. I'm not proud to say that I had to take off my bracelet twice today, not talking about why. (Ahem Justin Bieber and Taylor Lautner.) I harbor some negativity for them I guess!


I encourage you to try something along these lines. Anything self-depricating or hostile is kind of a reflex for us, but it can be changed! Hopefully this will help me and whoever else feels that negativity is unnecessary and a complete drag.


-Soy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my blog! Leave a comment below and we can be best friends :)