Saturday, November 12, 2011

pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.

Let me just preface this by saying I'm NOT a cook. The very idea of cooking dinner for my family reduces me to a blubbering, stressed out mess (I can't multitask when there's a risk of burning down the house..) BUT I can make the basics- cereal, the occasional Top Ramen and these cookies! 


You can't taste the pumpkin too much in this recipe- but I love the color and combination with chocolate, every winter I make it and it gets me in the holiday spirit! 


Ingredients: (Makes 20)

  • 1 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • red food coloring
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon milk
  • 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
 Combine your pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, egg, 3-4 drops of food coloring and vanilla extract. That isn't blood, by the way... If you don't add the food coloring the cookies will come out like a very faint orange- I love the deep orange color so I add about 5-6 drops!


 In a separate bowl, add flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg. Dissolve the baking soda with milk and pour it in the flour mixture and mix it altogether.


 Add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture and stir it thoroughly!


 When it's all mixed, you can add in your chocolate chips. (I didn't measure it out, I kind of added it by frenzied handfuls... Quite a joyful time, really.) 


 Drop by spoonfuls on a greased cookie sheet and bake in a 365 degree oven for 12 minutes!


Hello, gorgeous. You'll end up with deliciously puffy, fluffy pumpkin chocolate chip cookies! I love how they're almost cake like in texture, like a little pumpkin pillow (:

What are your favorite holiday recipes? I seriously can't wait until Thanksgiving... Being ladylike is thrown out the window as I stuff my face every year!

-Soy.

1 comment:

  1. These look AMAZING! I might have to try. :-) Thanks for the comment on my DIY!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for checking out my blog! Leave a comment below and we can be best friends :)