Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Prayer is my Work.

I learned that my prayers are basically part of my life, no matter how much I try to avoid it or forget about it. Think about it: the hopes and wishes and things you want in the world are for something, but what? I kind of see prayers and hopeful words like pieces of energy that go all around the world and affect others, knowingly or not. I really believe that positivity/prayer does exist and that its side effects are contagious. It never is spontaneously destroyed- it's a cycle! Spread the loooove. That is what we are here to do- build people up to establish a healthier, happier society.

So I'm introducing a quote at the end of most (if not all- baby steps people) of my bloggity posts. You're reading about my dull, dull life and then KABLAM! instant inspiration.

Moving on.

Oh my goshness I'm starting to become obsessed with maxi skirts. I always figured that since I'm about 5 feet tall that it would shorten me, but it actually didn't. Contrary to the bottom right photo. Got it at Rue21 for $5! And you know those days when your hair is FREAKINPERFECT and you have no idea how to recreate it? Yeah. How bittersweet.

In other life-related news, my week has been hectic to say the least. How about you? I think everyone's been a little stressed lately especially with the holiday season coming up. My HS musical is from Monday through Thursday so I have to miss college classes and I have to retake my ACTs vurry soon!!

Screw the 29 I got on my last try. I want 30.

NOW IT'S TIME FOR THE MOMENT YOU'VE ALLLL BEEN WAITING FOR. INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE TIIIIIIIIME!!! huzzah!

Aung San Suu Kyi, a pro-Democracy leader was released from the Burmese military authority after almost 30 years of some kind of repression (house arrest, detention, etc.) She's a hero to her people because she wanted to bring about a positive change. In short, she took action.

"I don’t believe in one person’s influence and authority to move a country forward. One person alone can not do something as important as bringing democracy to a country.
We all have to work together. We will have to find a way of helping each other. People must work in unison. Only then can we achieve our goal."

-SOY.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my blog! Leave a comment below and we can be best friends :)