Sunday, January 16, 2011

Black Swan

Yes, I saw it. Last week actually, but the deed was done! I just wanted to get my opinion out there for the people who are still on the fence about it.

So, I've been wanting to watch this movie but I was always freaked when the people who did see it told me how disturbing it was. It was graphic and there were a lot of sex scenes in there so I wasn't sure if I was (mentally) ready to watch it. BUT, there was this nagging little voice in my head that compelled me to watch it. I went into the theatre expecting the bad things and that went much better for me.

Just know that the movie is rated R for a reason. The story itself is quite good- definitely in my top 20 movies for life. The whole internal struggle thing always interested me. In addition, I was kind of enamored by Natalie Portman throughout the whole movie. She is just gorgeous. Not a lot of women can buzz cut their hair and still look gorgeous. I love ballet, but after watching this movie it shows how much grit and unpleasant things go into becoming a ballerina.

So just know that there are some pretty nasty scenes in there, and you should be fine!

3 comments:

  1. I've heard good things about that movie! Would love to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ignoring the whole film, the poster graphics are unreal! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Retromus-ik: It's definitely an impressive movie, I didn't regret watching it!

    Chuck: Right?! All of the posters have an amazing art deco feel to it, it's quite gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for checking out my blog! Leave a comment below and we can be best friends :)